[Owncloud] Is exporting of addressbooks possible - maybe using cron?

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Fri Mar 8 13:41:03 UTC 2013

On Friday 08 March 2013 10:19 Chris Green wrote:
> I want to be able to copy addressbooks in and out of owncloud
> automatically.  I have owncloud running on my own server at home so I
> have direct access to it.
>
> What would be useful would be a way to export the addressbook at
> intervals.  Could this be done using cron?  I can't find any
> documentation on the owncloud cron.
>
> I guess I could simply DIY it by reading the database directly, that's
> not so difficult but I was just wondering if someone had done it
> already.

In the Contacts UI settings you get the CardDAV URL, something like
http://localhost/owncloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/chris/contacts

Append '?export' to the end of that URL and enter your credentials.

Test with wget or curl. I use wget for my backups:

wget --auth-no-challenge --http-user=chris --http-password=xxxxxxxx -O \
    backup.vcf http://localhost/owncloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/chris/contacts?export

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus