[Owncloud] Synchronising addressbooks with desktop - any non-KDE clients available?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Mar 8 12:44:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 11:45:18AM +0100, André Schild wrote:
> Am 08.03.2013 11:23, schrieb Chris Green:
> >This is (fairly obviously) related to my other question but I decided it
> >might be easier to have it in a separate thread.
> >
> >Are there any non-KDE programs which can synchronise using the CardDAV
> >(http://localhost/owncloud/remote.php/carddav/) syncing address?  I
> >really, really don't want to have to pull in all the KDE libraries just
> >to be able to do this.
> >
> Sync with what system ?
>
> There exist a lot of libraries in different languages which allows
> you to do access CarDav resources.
> There also exist cardav sync tools for Android and many other
> clients, and iOS has ohne integrated natively.

Yes, loads of mobile clients (which I will want in due course for an
Android client) and some libraries but, as far as I can see, no clients
for a desktop computer running Linux.

There's a (partial) Evolution client but Evolution is such a behemoth
I'd rather not.  ... and as I sadi there seem to be some KDE clients but
you have to install a load of KDE libraries and several apps to get that
working.

I'm after a (fairly) lightweight client for contacts only.

--
Chris Green