[Owncloud] owncloud alpha 1 and LDAP entryUUID

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Mar 7 12:35:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

> If I understand your problem correctly, you don't need to change the
> source at so many places. There are many things here that can be easily
> mixed up:
> 1. uid to login
> 2. internal ID for OC
> 3. user home dir path
> 4. display name
>
> Your problem was that from OC5 the LDAP entryUUID was used for #2,
> right? For this you need to change the source for sure (perhaps at more
> than one place).
Exactly. With the changes that I made, OC behaves like OC4, where users
and directories are named after the users UIDs. It would be great if
this could be made configurable through the admin interface. You just
need to add a field like "unique attribute". Then it's up to the admin
if he chooses the uid, the entryuuid, the uidnumber or whatever.

Dirk