[Owncloud] owncloud alpha 1 and LDAP entryUUID

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Thu Mar 7 12:25:06 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 11:49 AM, Dirk Kastens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> seems that this was the wrong place. Owncloud still used the UUID for
> the user directory. Meanwhile I have changed line 431 in
> user_ldap/lib/connection.php from
>
> if(!in_array($this->config['ldapUuidAttribute'], array('auto',
> 'entryuuid', 'nsuniqueid', 'objectguid'))

> if(!in_array($this->config['ldapUuidAttribute'], array('uid'))
>
> and line 895 in user_ldap/lib/connection.php from
>
> $testAttributes = array('entryuuid', 'nsuniqueid', 'objectguid');

> $testAttributes = array('uid');
>
> Now OC only uses the uid for the users and the directories.

Hi,

If I understand your problem correctly, you don't need to change the
source at so many places. There are many things here that can be easily
mixed up:
1. uid to login
2. internal ID for OC
3. user home dir path
4. display name

Your problem was that from OC5 the LDAP entryUUID was used for #2,
right? For this you need to change the source for sure (perhaps at more
than one place).

For #1 you can use any ldap attribute you like in "User login filter" of
the basic ldap setup

For #3 you can use "Group display name field" in the advanced setup
For #4 you can use "User home folder naming rule" in the advanced setup

					Yours: Laszlo