[Owncloud] JS degration and use custom themes

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Fri Mar 1 07:42:52 UTC 2013

While I generally agree, Bernhard, I think this misses the OPs point.

Stefan, ownCloud is - by it's very nature - a web application. Creating
well-working instant-feedback web applications without the use of JS
simply is not possible. So generally, the requirement of JS is not a
bug, and we will not support browsers that have JS disabled.

If however, there are special, valid use case that would make pure HTML
desireble (e.g. for automation), please bring it forward, although
usually this is where the REST or WebDAV-APIs are usually more useful.
So what are your use cases?

Daniel