[Owncloud] admin tools

Norman Rieß norman at smash-net.org
Tue Jun 25 12:27:28 UTC 2013

Am 25.06.2013 13:39, schrieb Daniel Molkentin:
> On 06/25/2013 01:29 PM, Norman Rieß wrote:
>> Why would you want to know how much of a quota is used?
> Simple: When you see that 90% of users are close to their quota, it
> might be time to start ordering more storage.

You can assume this much simply by looking at the used space on the
filesystem.

>> How much of it is used by an individual user is non of your business.
> Yes it is, for instance for debugging purposes ("Hey, why did my upload
> fail?")

I would think a error message would occur to the user and in the log files.
Otherwise cd ownclou_data_dir/ && du -sh <user>

>> Neither is how much traffic a user is generating.
> Again, not true, same reasons as above.

Again, true, same reasons as above.

>> So he wants to see his users files, even their shares and read their
>> messages??
> While I generally agree, that's up to company policies and local data
> protection laws.

It should not be.

>> What do you call that? There is absolutely no reason to do that. I can
>> use google services if i wanted my data treated like that.
> Right, but harshly said: if you do not trust your admin, and you do not
> feel like becoming your own (!), then stick to the good old USB hard
> drive for non-local storage.

I am that admin, who does not look at your data, who *does not* look at
your data, who does not *look* at your data, who does not look at *your*
data, who does not look at your *data*.

> Daniel

Norman