[Owncloud] admin tools

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Tue Jun 25 11:39:34 UTC 2013

On 06/25/2013 01:29 PM, Norman Rieß wrote:
> Am 25.06.2013 12:54, schrieb Erwin Rennert:
> I would hardly call that harsh wording...
> Why would you want to know how much of a quota is used?
Simple: When you see that 90% of users are close to their quota, it
might be time to start ordering more storage.
> How much of it is used by an individual user is non of your business.
Yes it is, for instance for debugging purposes ("Hey, why did my upload
fail?")
> Neither is how much traffic a user is generating.
Again, not true, same reasons as above.
> So he wants to see his users files, even their shares and read their
> messages??
While I generally agree, that's up to company policies and local data
protection laws.
> What do you call that? There is absolutely no reason to do that. I can
> use google services if i wanted my data treated like that.
Right, but harshly said: if you do not trust your admin, and you do not
feel like becoming your own (!), then stick to the good old USB hard
drive for non-local storage.

Daniel