[Owncloud] Puzzlement about sharing a folder...

Christian Reiner info at christian-reiner.info
Tue Jun 11 07:57:43 UTC 2013

Hm,
so now I still don't know if I am just to stupid to get that to work or if
ownClouds file handling really is that broken.

I see more problems:
I integrated a dropbox folder into owncloud as external file resource.
After a first success to see the dropbox files inside owncloud I now have
these persistent issues I cannot solve:

- whatever files I now change, no changes are reflected any more. Neither
files uploaded to owncloud are handed over to dropbox, nor are files that
appear there shown in owncloud any more.
- trying to use the sync client led right into chaos:
after a first synchronisation that kind of worked though it took endless hours
I soon got conflicts, although no files were changed (system times are
synchronized using NTP). I stopped the client, removed the conflict files but
since then either the client starts and just sits there claimng somethging
like "waiting for the sync to start" without it ever starting, or it claims it
did synchronize, but the info popup shows a zero (0) for all file sections
despite the fact that there are files present and files have changed.

No idea what I do wrong.
Christian Reiner (arkascha)