[Owncloud] Update 5.0.7 uncontrollable encryption

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Tue Jun 11 07:45:19 UTC 2013

Hi Nicolas,

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:08:47 -0400 Nicolas Mora wrote:
> Any update on my issue ? Or should I restore the backup ? :/

Yesterday I had some discussions with other ownCloud developers and we
come up with a idea.

Did your sync client run in the background at the time you enabled the
encryption app?

Since the initial encryption take some time it could happen that more
than one migration gets triggered if you have more than one connection
to your ownCloud server. This would mean that your files get encrypted
twice.

A simple test would be to compare the encrypted file you downloaded
with the file stored on your servers hard disk. Are they exactly the
same or are they only the same in structure but not in content. This
would mean that the files where encrypted multiple time and the
download just decrypted the decrypted file.

Would be great if you could check this. Meanwhile I will look into
solutions to prevent such situations.

cheers,
Björn

--