[Owncloud] Update 5.0.7 uncontrollable encryption

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Sat Jun 8 02:28:25 UTC 2013

Le 07/06/2013 16:32, Bjoern Schiessle a écrit :

> *.etmp gets generated during file encryption but they get removed
> afterwards. I never saw this file in my files list. Can you check if
> the file exists on your hard drive.

The file doesn't exists in my hard drive, it's a ghost file in owncloud
(and empty if I open it)

> The initial encryption takes place only once after the first time you
> enabled the app. To enforce another initial encryption run you have to
> edit the owncloud database table 'oc_encryption' and set
> 'migration_status' to '0'.

I wouldn't test another encryption with files that are already
encrypted, it could make a not helpful double encryption.
Although, the content of the table is  :
mysql> select * from oc_encryption;
+---------+-------------+------------------+------------------+
| uid     | mode        | recovery_enabled | migration_status |
+---------+-------------+------------------+------------------+
| nicolas | server-side |                0 |                1 |

> For every file a encryption key should exists in
> data/userid/files_encryption/keyfiles/. Additionally for each file at
> least one file called filename.userid.shareKey should exist in
> data/userid/files_encryption/share-keys.

There are .key files and .shareKey files in the proper folders

> Can you please check if this files exists, especially for the files
> which doesn't get decrypted?

The files you mention are present, is there some other things to check ?