[Owncloud] Persistence of quota administration

Niccolò Avico niccolo at avico.it
Wed Jun 5 19:52:30 UTC 2013

Hi all.

I'm experiencing the following issue: after a few days from the
installation of rel. 5.0.6 it turns impossible to permanently change the
individual storage quotas, either from the Web interface as well
DIRECTLY WRITING into the oc_preferences table.

In both cases, after a little (minutes) amount of time the quota value
is restored to what was before the update. This behaviour is independent
from the actual user to whom I'm setting the new quota. This value is
restored even when I keep the mysql session open AFTER issueing the
update statement on the configvalue column.

System context:

  * owncloud 5.0.6
  * Ubuntu server 12.04
  * PHP 5.3.10
  * mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.31, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
    readline 6.2
  * authentication ldap: Active Directory

Question: which job restored the value? From which source/repository it
gets the old value?

Thanks a lot and congratilations to the dev community for the
achievement. Aside from some minor issues, I'm really enjoying the platform.

Niccolò
--

*Niccolò Avico*
GTalk/Jabber/XMPP: gilgamesh at jabber.ninux.org