[Owncloud] Encryption password recovery

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Tue Jun 4 19:14:56 UTC 2013

Hi Dirk,

On 06/03/2013 01:54 PM, Dirk Kastens wrote:
> can someone explain me how the encryption password recovery works?
> What are the steps to get it to work?
> At first, the admin has to enable the encryption passwords recovery key,
> right?

That's right.

Than the user who wants to use this feature has to enable it in his
personal settings "Enable password recovery by sharing all files with
your administrator".

Now if the user loses his password the admin can go to the user
management, enter the recovery password and than set a new password for
the user. This will automatically recover the users file to the new
log-in password.

cheers,
Björn

--