[Owncloud] [Tubit-oc.experts] (very) large files support in own cloud

Roland Hager roland.hager at tu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 18 15:03:57 UTC 2013

On 11.07.2013 09:57, Jakub Moscicki wrote:
> [...]
> post_max_message =  2^31 -1   [ 2247483647 bytes]
> upload_max_filesize = post_max_message - 100MB
>
> If I go above 2^31 in these settings then it appears that I wrap
> around a signed 32 bit integer (?) and the limit is effectively smaller.
>
> Anyone has experience or suggestion how to go up to 4GB or even further?
>
> [...]

Hi Jakub,

You can set

upload_max_filesize=0

to set it "unlimited". You can still limit the uploadsize via post_max_size.
Be aware that there was a BUG in owncloud not respecting
upload_max_filesize=0 while post_max_size it also 0. This is fixed in
master branch but not merged to stable5.

So you might need to patch your installation.

=> https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/3688

Uploading such big files in a local network works quite well, but via
DSL it might hit other limitations too.

You should also check that your "upload_tmp_dir" (see phpinfo() /
php.ini) is on a partition with enough free space left. This directory
is normaly set to somthing like /var/tmp, where /var is often a seperate
partition with limited space.

Best regards
Roland Hager