[Owncloud] Cannot Sync using symlink

Carlos Krefft krefftc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 15:02:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I know other's have encountered this problem and am hoping you can help me
resolve it.

PROBLEM:
==========
I'm getting the following message at the top of my client: "Your storage is
full, files can not be updated or synced anymore".

BACKGROUND:
=============
I had moved my data directory from where it was when I installed OwnCloud
to a new location.
FROM: /var/www/owncloud/data
TO: /var/owncloud-data/

I gave it appropriate ownership and permissions (www-data).

I also added a simlink "/var/owncloud-data/{username}/files" which points
to a shared directory on a stand-alone NAS.

a "df -h" tells me i have plenty of space.

WHAT I'VE DONE TO TRY TO RESOLVE:
=================================
I've found several relevant "issues" posted but don't come to any
resolution and have since been closed.
Issue 2939 and 2337 have a circular dependency. They both point to each
other as a solution but none really address the problem.
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/2939
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/2337

I found this forum post which is unanswered.
http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12869&p=32683&hilit=files+can+be+updated+synced+anymore#p32683
I figured the question was answered there so I won't ask it again, I'll try
a different venue. I will answer that question when I resolve this issue.

SETUP:
Environment: Debian 7 Virtual Server OpenVZ container
Server: Apache
Database: mysql
Client: Chrome and Firefox
OC-Version: 5.0.7