[Owncloud] Application inclusion in next release ?

Antoine Diamant-Berger thesfreader at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 08:51:49 UTC 2013

Sorry if I have not taken the time to check in details how the oc /
apps.oc.com repo works, nor find about it in the docs, but I'm not
sure I get it :
>From this email exchange, I understand that when one wishes to install
an app hosted on apps.owncloud.org, but not included in an official
release, it's possible to do so using the "applications"
administrative tool, without having to manually upload the
application's sources.

Is that right ?

I also understand (from
http://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php?content=150401 ) that in the
current state, oC only considers for this applications that have the
same exact version number, but that you're working on it to provide
better  inter-versions compatibility checks/flexibility.

Right again ?

If so, will both work great for me.

Cheers,

Antoine/TheSFReader