[Owncloud] Call for documentation

Marcel Waldvogel Marcel.Waldvogel at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Jan 24 12:40:03 UTC 2013

Simon,

it would be nice if users of other OC_User* classes would be manageable under the "normal" Users functions automatically. Each class needs to implement this manually, however. LDAP does this rather nicely [1]. For one installation, I did locally modify the DAV auth app to add the users to the local DB on login, which could be done as well. It would be nice if more of the attribute handling would be done by generic code in ownCloud.

I haven't had problems with settings being overridden, but maybe this is due to the fact that I have installed *.deb packages and am upgrading using apt.

Maybe you could modify the IMAP auth app to offer an option to have novalidate-cert added (or switch to an "official" certificate…)

Beste Grüsse,
-Marcel Waldvogel

[1] However, while both local and LDAP users are sorted alphabetically, they are joined in groups of 10 each, which results in a weird sorting order in the end.

Am 23.01.2013 um 17:27 schrieb Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> Hi Marcel
>
> No, adding the curly brace didn't help.
>
> I managed to get it to work - I think correctly* - but adding the
> following variables - user_id and password such:
>  'user_backends'=>array(
>            array(
>                        'class'=>'OC_User_IMAP',
>
> 'arguments'=>array('{mail.redacted.net:143/imap/tls/novalidate-cert}INBOX',"user_id","password")
>              )
>      )
>
> *correctly here means that valid user accounts log in (and preferences
> are saved across sessions.  Invalid users are not able to log in.
>
> There are two small hitches that I've found thus far.
> 1)  Authenticating users are not added to the users tab in the
> administration account
> 2)  I would like to disable/remove the adminstration account I created
> on install and assign the administration rights to one of the
> authenticating users (mine).
>
> One other concern occurred to me yesterday - this needs to be moved to
> a config.local.php file to avoid being overwritten by an upgrade.
> Does Owncloud have such a facility?
>
> If you can help me fix either of those two issues (the first is the
> most critical), that would be great.  I'm in the process of moving,
> but I will try to write more comprehensive documentation on the
> imap_open snippet (I'm not a php programmer, but I know what options
> apply to my imap server - others may not.
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon
>

> On 23 January 2013 06:50, Marcel Waldvogel
> <Marcel.Waldvogel at uni-konstanz.de> wrote:
>> Does adding an open curly brace before mail.example.com fix the problem?
>>
>> But maybe the error message should be more meaningful…
>>
>> Viele Grüsse,
>> -Marcel Waldvogel
>> (kurz&bündig da mobil)
>>
>> Am 22.01.2013 um 22:52 schrieb Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> This is where it gets interesting.  The example in the link you sent
>>> seems straightforward:
>>>
>>> 'user_backends'=>array(
>>> array(
>>>   'class'=>'OC_User_IMAP',
>>>   'arguments'=>array('{imap.gmail.com:993/imap/ssl}INBOX')
>>> )
>>> )
>>>
>>> After adding it to my config/config.php it looks like:
>>> <?php
>>> $CONFIG = array (
>>> 'passwordsalt' => 'redacted',
>>> 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/domains/redacted.net/owncloud/data',
>>> 'dbtype' => 'mysql',
>>> 'version' => '4.90.0',
>>> 'dbname' => 'cloud',
>>> 'dbhost' => 'localhost',