[Owncloud] Limit Sharing (share api?)

Sarah Jones sarah.e.p.jones at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:12:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to add a sharing limitation where you can only share with
someone that is your "friend" (Facebook style).  I've started an app.

I've taken a look at the Sharing API; this seems to control shared
items.  The documentation says that is API is under heavy development.
Will you be adding an API feature to limit who you can share with?

I've taken a look at core/ajax/share.php where the options for who you
can share with are users that you are in a group with (groups_only) and
all users.  Looks like there is already commented out code in their for
adding contacts to the list, so I could add the friend-only code there.
Would this be the way to go?

Thanks,
~Sarah