[Owncloud] Call for documentation

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:52:40 UTC 2013

This is where it gets interesting.  The example in the link you sent
seems straightforward:

'user_backends'=>array(
  array(
    'class'=>'OC_User_IMAP',
    'arguments'=>array('{imap.gmail.com:993/imap/ssl}INBOX')
  )
)

After adding it to my config/config.php it looks like:
<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'passwordsalt' => 'redacted',
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/domains/redacted.net/owncloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '4.90.0',
  'dbname' => 'cloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'oc_redacted',
  'dbpassword' => 'redacted',
  'installed' => true,
  'instanceid' => 'redacted',
'user_backends'=>array(
  array(
    'class'=>'OC_User_IMAP',
    'arguments'=>array('mail.example.com:143/imap/tls}INBOX')
  )
)
);

If I add in the imap snippet I get this error in my owncloud logs:
Error core User backend OC_User_IMAP not found. January 22, 2013, 16:47

Any advice?

Cheers

Simon