[Owncloud] KDE ownCloud client

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jan 22 12:43:00 UTC 2013

Hi Joseph,

[I'm CC:ing the owncloud list, since there are relevant people there]

On Sunday, January 20, 2013 13:21:15 Joseph Marrero wrote:
> Hi Sebas,
> I hope you are doing well :)
> I am the package maintainer for the owncloud client for Fedora
> and I am thinking on includig your version too,

Cool. :)

> I am wondering if, there is still a plan to integrate the two of them or if
> you are working apart from Klass, because I see 1.2.0 about to come out and
> there is no integration yet with the kde/plasma client.

I'm developing it in a Git branch of the "official" Mirall client, with the
plan to include it "at some point" (time permitting).

The code is rebased on the 1.2.0 beta, and I'll rebase it again onto the
latest pre-release of 1.2.0. If you pull the plasmaclient branch from my
repository, it will contain everything you need ("upstream" Mirall, plus
plasmaclient). There are no incompatible changes (but some compatible changes,
API additions mostly) to Mirall itself, so I expect it to not cause problems.

If you build the plasmaclient branch, it will automatically build and install
the plasma client bits: that's the owncloudsyncd (daemon), the systemsettings
module, the module for Active settings and of course the Plasma widget.

Right now, the daemon is not starting automatically (gotta fix that, btw),
everything else is expected to work.

You can get the code using

git clone https://github.com/sebasje/mirall.git
cd mirall
git checkout plasmaclient

> It would be nice to know what version of csync and where to get the latest
> code for the kde/plasma client.

The same version that's recommended for the Mirall client (I've attached
Daniel's email explaining that), as they share most of their code, and
especially the sync parts.

Let me know if you run into problems...

Cheers,
--