[Owncloud] "user not found" error in apache log when using windows/mac client

Jesper Holm Olsen dunkel at dunkel.dk
Mon Jan 21 22:02:09 UTC 2013

Hi all

I’ve setup an Owncloud server on my Gentoo machine. Apache version 2.2.23, PHP version 5.4.6, owncloud version 4.5.5. I want to use the Windows and Mac desktop client to connect and sync files between all the computers I’m using.

The thing is, that this actually does work fine, but I see error messages in the apache log files which I’m not sure is a problem or not. Perhaps someone can comment?

I used the username “root” for my test setup. In the apache2 ssl_access log I see entries like this (which seems fine):

root [21/Jan/2013:22:55:29 +0100] "PROPFIND /owncloud/remote.php/webdav/clientsync/videotest.avi HTTP/1.1" 207 555

In the apache2 ssl_error_log I see entries like this (which does not seem fine):

[Mon Jan 21 22:54:46 2013] [error] [client MYIPADDRESS] user root not found: /webdav/clientsync

I have followed the installation guide (I believe) and everything is working: I can log in via the webpage and I can sync via the desktop clients. Just still seing this error.

Any clue?

Best Regards,
Jesper