[Owncloud] Help needed: Big files over WebDAV

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Jan 11 08:51:07 UTC 2013

On 10.01.2013 20:56, Evert Pot wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Klaas Freitag <freitag at owncloud.com> wrote:

>>> I personally don't really see a way as long as filesize() returns an int.
>> Yes, but that would also count for 64 bit, right?
>
> The difference is that on 64bit PHP PHP_INT_MAX is 9223372036854775807, which is 8192 petabytes.
Ok, yes. I am too much in the C/C++ world where that would not be an int
any more ;-)

To confirm, I tested this morning on a 32 installation of ownCloud
4.5.5: Upload of a 4.3 GB file via webdav client results in a 2,0 GB
file on the cloud. No error message.

>> ownCloud uses a funny hack to get the actual file size of files, it calls the shell function stat, which is not really a cheap way but still...
>>
>> Actually large files work with ownCloud, I tested with 4.3 GB. Can be uploaded and is displayed correctly in WI.
>
> That's surprising at least..
Well, that was on a 64 bit installation.

Klaas