[Owncloud] Help needed in building mirall

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jan 2 14:51:02 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:34:14 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 01:19:21 Sandro Knauß wrote:
> > https://github.com/sebasje/mirall.git branch 'plasmaclient' is a
> > development  from sebas (Sebastian Kügler) and is based on mirall
> > 1.1.0beta1. I also had problems in building this version with ocsync [1].
> > copied
> > cmake/modules/FindCsync.cmake from actual master [2] and than it
> > compiled.
> >
> > > Why? mirall (the ownCloud client) is unrelated to plasma. Plasma uses
> > > the mirall backend lib and you will need to ask Sebastian on the details
> > > here.
> >
> > This branch integreted owncloud into some plasmoids, to make it more fun
> > to  use owncloud with KDE. Sebas also blogged about it [2]
>
> Yes, correct. Ayudh was sent here by me, I told him to build the
> plasmaclient  branch of the mirall repo.
>
> On my own list, there's right now:
> - rebase plasmaclient branch onto last release, test it
> - split out the build or mirall vs plasmaclient (with a build flag)
> - fix various bugs and improve UI workflow

I've now rebased my plasmaclient branch on top of the last beta. There were a
few niggles to straighten out (my setter for the NetworkAccessManager doesn't
work anymore, in return I now have KWallet integration via QKeyChain), it's
fast and seems stable, so overall I'm very happy with it. :)

I've also fixed up the UI workflow and squashed a bunch of other bugs.

Those who are running the Plasma client should be happy with this update,
those who don't should feel encouraged to test it. :)

The buildsystem stuff and merging some of my patches is still on my TODO list.

> The plan is to have the plasmaclient branch merged (as optional build
> option)  for the next release, or at least before March.

Cheers,
--
sebas