[Owncloud] ownCloud 5 showstoppers

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Feb 28 13:33:23 UTC 2013

On 28/02/2013 11:38, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> Currently we have 18 issues in the tracker which are marked as
> ownCloud 5 showstoppers:
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues?labels=ownCloud5_showstopper&page=1&state=open
>

> Some don’t have anyone assigned, so if you look through it and want
> too check an issue out, your help is really needed!
>

> Frank, how do we handle this in general regarding the release? Was the
> freeze even regarding fixing showstopper bugs 4 hours ago or what’s
> the plan?

What some other projects run is a live head, and a release branch
strategy. I think this can be dangerous if done badly because there is a
tendency for developers to work on HEAD and ignore the branches and they
go stale, however, it can work if you have a release manager to work on
pulling changes back into the release branch..

I'm not sure it's a great idea for OC, but just chucking the thought in...

Ed