[Owncloud] Partition users using LDAP

almyz125 almyzpiddles125 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:19:22 UTC 2013

Tornóci László wrote
> Hi,
>
> it occurred to me, that you could use in the advanced LDAP settings (OC
> 4.5) the "User Home Folder Naming Rule" to partition users into several
> different directories rather then to put all of them into the default
> "data/".
> Setting the LDAP "User Home Folder Naming Rule" = myHomeAttr
> and giving each user a value like "dir1/dir2/username" for this
> attribute seems to work (of course you must set up your LDAP to have
> this attribute).

Hi, I just wanted to let you know, I've come up with a way to use owncloud
for each users "Home" drive. This works with "H" drives that have already
been set up and have files in them. Its a way to provide a nice front end to
the already mapped H drives. If this still interest you check it out.

http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8456