[Owncloud] refresh calendar by uploading ics-file every night?

Marcel Kaber marcel at makaber.de
Sat Feb 16 13:15:56 UTC 2013

hello there,

we get every night an updatet xml-file containing an updated timetable for upcoming lessons.
it´s created by an planning-tool in our local intranet. so there is no public calandar-server-solution in this tool.
what i did:
i wrote an php-script which is creating an valid ics. importing this file into a owncloud-calendar manually is working well. this calendar will shered to other group-members.
but:

1. it works well wehen i do it once. on second import (updated ics next day) i get doubled entries in this calendar.
is there an solution to drop old entries from calndar befor import the new ics?
2. is there any (working) solution to make this automatically on console (cronjob, wget… or something like that)?

if owncloud do not support that is there any other calendarserver? (Caldav and/or WebCalendar)

--
Marcel