[Owncloud] wait for release 5 ?

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Fri Feb 15 15:12:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Friday 15 February 2013 14:49:14 Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> i managed to install version 4.5.6 on a SLES 11 SP2 system. I'd like to test
> it now, but i'm not sure if it would be more sensefull to wait for the
> release of version 5.

for a test, never wait for the next release. You will never come to actually
use a release that way
Have a test with the current stable OC-4.5.6 and find your way around.
Then, when OC-5 is released you can upgrade.

I'd say the question is more if you want to go into production with the
current stable release with a major release approaching. That is something one
might duscuss. Depends on on thing I'd say: does the current version solve
your requirements? Or is there something that keeps you from using it?
Either way: you should test now.

Just my 2 cents...

Christian Reiner (arkascha)
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ] (arkascha)