[Owncloud] How to cleanly re-install an app?

Sampath Basnagoda sampathbasnagoda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 06:30:20 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I found following post in a owncloud forum.()

If you're having problems with an app (e.g. it won't activate, or doesn't
work properly, or especially if there is some remainder from a previous
installation), it is always worth a try to cleanly remove the app and
reinstalling it from scratch:

To manually remove an app:

   1. As always before possibly dangerous changes, backup your database and
   files
   2. Go to the database administration tool of your choice, e.g.
   phpmyadmin for mysql
   3. In the table oc_appconfig, find all entries having the name of the
   app as appid (e.g. "roundcube" or "gallery")
   4. Remove those entries
   5. Find tables created by the extension (e.g. "oc_roundcube" for
   roundcube app), and drop them
   6. In the apps directory, search for the directory with the name of the
   app
   7. Delete that directory

To (re)install an app:

   1. If it's an app which is included in the default owncloud
   installation, go to the "Apps" configuration section as administrative
   user; the app will have an entry there, enabling the app will download the
   files of the app to your installation (so the "apps" directory has to be
   writable by php for this method to work).
   2. If it's a custom app, or you want to install the latest version: Read
   the INSTALL instructions of the app (usually, extract it to the "apps"
   subfolder of owncloud, and then go to the "Apps" configuration section as
   administrative user and enable it

If you should have any problems with this description, don't hesitate to
post them here!
OC 4.5.5 on Apache/MySQL
RandolphCarter<http://forum.owncloud.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1620>OwnCloud
professional *Posts:* 1527*Joined:* Wed May 30, 2012 12:12 pm*OwnCloud
version:* 4.5.6

My Question is,

I'm developing 'internal messages' (3rd party app) app for owncloud and now
I want to re-install it in my computer. for that I deleted all entries in
the oc_appconfig table which having the name 'internal messages' and then I
dropped the internal messages table from the db.
Then I deleted the 'internal messages' app folder from the 'apps' folder.
Then I copied new 'internal messages' folder again.
Now, I logged as admin and when I click on the 'Apps' (under settings), I
get a 'Server Error' message.
This is the error message.
"The website encountered an error while retrieving
http://localhost/owncloud/settings/apps.php?installed. It may be down for
maintenance or configured incorrectly."
(I improved some features in this app and they were working perfectly)
Can some one please help me to solve this? Are there more things to do?
Thanks.
basnagoda <http://forum.owncloud.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7641>
Newbie *Posts:* 1*Joined:* Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:56 am*OwnCloud version:*
 4.5.3

*Sampath Basnagoda,*
*Undergraduate,*
*Department of Computer Science and Engineering,*
*University of Moratuwa,*
*Sri Lanka. *

**