[Owncloud] ownCloud alpha 1

Holger Angenent h_zimm01 at uni-muenster.de
Wed Feb 13 14:58:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

thank you for this new (test-)version of ownCloud.

I made some first observations:

- the new GUI looks pretty cool
- LDAP does still work :) (I only had to insert "objectClass=group" in
the group filter. OC4.5 did not really need this)
- I synced my /lib dir (as an example for a folder with many files) via
the 1.2.0 Linux client which took approximetely 35 minutes. Under same
conditions with OC 4.5.5 and the 1.1.4 client, it took 40 minutes.
I have monitored this with Ganglia. While uploading, the amount of used
memory (I am not talking of the caches and buffers) went up for approx
800 MB. Fortunately, another 15 minutes later, it was freed again.

Cheers,
Holger