[Owncloud] OC version detection on the client side

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Sun Feb 10 17:34:18 UTC 2013

On Sunday 10 February 2013 17:59:24 you wrote:
> Afaik we don't have this is js.
Wouldn't it be a direct approach simply to take the output of that
'status.php' and code that array into a static js that is included as a
'status dictionary' in every page? This is static data, so caching should be
fine and the performance and volume penalty should be small.

It might also make sense to add further details here (in future).

> Pull request is welcome!  ;-)

My insight into the OC internals is far too limited. I cannot decide which is
the best approach. I have not designed caching and core implementation. This
task would take me a day to get a clean result plus the git hassle, whilst
someone else could do that in a couple'o'minutes.

I know this is not how contribution works. And I do apologize for that
ignorance. But I really think it makes more sense this way: could someone with
more insight take a short look at this?

--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ]