[Owncloud] OC version detection on the client side

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Sun Feb 10 13:44:49 UTC 2013

Hi...

On Sunday 10 February 2013 12:24:35 hemathor wrote:
> > whilst trying to port my apps to OC-5 I wonder if there is any easy and
> > reliable way to detect the running OC version on the client side.
>
> http://<server>/owncloud/status.php
>
> or did i miss your point?

you did miss my point.
I wrote: [...] Especially I think such information should be available without
additional ajax requests. [...]

Certainly it is possible to put all load on the server and make hundreds of
separate requests for this and that. But that certainly is a very bad idea if it
comes to performance, server load and fluent reaction. Such basic things
should simply be present on the client side without the need of an additional
round trip.

;-)