[Owncloud] How to empty the trashbin ? and API changes question

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Fri Feb 1 14:03:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 02/01/2013 10:07 AM, Antoine Diamant-Berger wrote:
> I've updated yesterday to master my Owncloud install, and (apart from
> having to re-design parts of my app, this is the cost of living on the
> "cutting edge"), I've found out about the new trash-can design.
>
> I think it's a major improvement WRT the previous version, BUT I
> couldn't find a way to empty the trash can, which makes the trash can
> more of an archive than a can...

Great to hear that you like the new trash bin app. It is not quite an
archive since the files in the trash bin get deleted after a given time,
default 180 days.

You can change the time span in your config.php by setting
"trashbin_retention_obligation" to your preferred value if you wish.
This config switch is also described in in config.sample.php.

The idea is similar to the trash bin at home. There you also doesn't
have to empty it by your own, the garbage disposal will come and empty
it every few weeks.

cheers,
Björn

--