[Owncloud] ocsnyc SONAME

Sandro Knauß bugs at sandroknauss.de
Fri Dec 27 16:31:39 UTC 2013

Hello,

Till now all versions of ocsync has the same libary version (0.2.1) and the
same SONAME (0) version. For all applications that use ocsync this is awfull,
'cause you break the API and ABI in nearly every version. So please bump the
SONAME if you break the ABI (more informations see [1]).

Actually the only application I know is pyOwncloud[2], where we have now the
problem, that we get all differnet versions of ocsync [3,4].

Ok a more stable API would also be very nice. But I know ocsync is still under
heavy development.

Regards,

Sandro Knauß

--