[Owncloud] How to share files?

Meine, Hans hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Dec 26 13:03:09 UTC 2013

Thanks for your reply, Thomas:

> Which language are you using?
> Maybe a translation issue.
> Please choose English and see if the problem persists.

German, and I could not choose English.  (That is, I could change the combobox entry, but it did not trigger any effect.)  Turns out, an apparently functional installation hat many strange problems, and I "rm -r"ed all of it (except data/ and config/) and re-unpacked the .tar.bz2 on the server.

My problems are solved now.  There must've been something wrong with the installation, but there was no obvious error anywhere, except that many things simply did not work.

On to reporting real bugs. ;-)

Best,
  Hans