[Owncloud] OC6 clean install

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Dec 18 21:25:37 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 18 December 2013 20:13 Richard Burns wrote:
> Hi, I'm really impressed in the difference with OC6 and decided to install
> it on a clean win 2008 R2 server but have come across an issue hopefully
> someone can resolve.
>
> I've changed my php.ini file and the large file settings reflect when you
> give over the upload button.
>
> I can upload files upto a certain size, not sure what that size is exactly,
> I can do a 12mb file but not 40mb. It just shows an error in the middle at
> the top of the screen 'error'
>
> Hope someone can help.

Have you followed:
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_windows.html#configuring-owncloud-php-and-iis-for-large-file-uploads

Quote:

 1. Go to the start menu, and type iis manager.

 2. Open IIS Manager Select the website you want enable to accept large file uploads.

 3. In the main window in the middle double click on the icon Request filtering.

 4. Once the window is opened you will see a bunch of tabs across the top of the far right,

     Select Edit Feature Settings and modify the Maximum allowed content length (bytes)

 5. In here, you can change this to up to 4.1 GB.

This entry is in BYTES, not KB.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus