[Owncloud] owncloud-client more options needed

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Wed Dec 11 08:46:07 UTC 2013

Hello,

I think a parallel upload would be very useful. Also if you have multiple sync folders defined (as I do) and a small change propagation in one folder pair is delayed for long time because of some heavy changes propagation in the other folder pair.

However I think that your current problems with how slow it is to upload files stem probably from the server being very inefficient in handling these uploads. For example a number of php calls involved in handling one webdav request or the number of DB queries alike is very high (insanely high to be more precise).

There are several open issues on that in github (for example https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/5084)  and from what I understand owncloud server team are working to address these in priority. So hopeful some time soon things should become much more efficient.

kuba

--

On Dec 11, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Nikola Garafolić <nikola.garafolic at srce.hr<mailto:nikola.garafolic at srce.hr>>