[Owncloud] Integrating OwnCloud with /home folders

Adrian Sevcenco Adrian.Sevcenco at spacescience.ro
Mon Dec 2 19:43:32 UTC 2013

On 12/02/2013 08:18 PM, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Hello,
Hi!

> I have a Linux server with 35 users, each who have their files in
> /home/domain/username/data/*.
>
> How can I configure OwnCloud so that each user who logs into OwnCloud
> would be able to see the files in their home directory?
I would also be very interested in this, to access and export somehow
the user home and not some separate data dir.

> At the moment the files of each user are in
> /var/www/owncloud/username/files. I cannot simply point this files as
> a symlink to the home directory, as the OwnCloud PHP process is run as
> user www-data.
>
> Is there some way to re-use the user log in credentials to auto-mount
> the user home directory via sftp or something at login time?
maybe if an app could generate rsa keys (in owncloud user location) that
could be added to the actual user .ssh/config for localhost user connection?

It would be ideal if the storage can be moved to each user home dir and
just great if each apache instance started by owncloud could change
credentials to the user ones.

Thanks!
Adrian