[Owncloud] Feature Enhancement

Lennart Rosam lennart at familie-rosam.de
Thu Aug 29 08:51:34 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-28 18:11, Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's recommended to add feature request as issues to the github core
> repo so they are not forgotten. It's always possible to implement
> special features like this as separate apps if they are not important
> for most users by the way.

Will this be possible with the upcoming version 6 too? Since apps will
no longer be able to use classes from the OC_* namespace and must use
the OCP* namespace or the App-Framework, the app cannot call
OC_User::deleteUser($uid) if a user account has expired and there is no
public API for that (at least I could not find any).

This is a problem for all apps that wish to be able to create / update /
delete users. I am asking this because I have developed an app that does
interact with the user database for OC 5 (see:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/788) and I don't see how this
could possibly be ported to OC 6.

> Frank
>
> On 28.08.2013, at 18:01, csiebert <csiebert at mirrorinc.org> wrote:
>
>> It would be nice to be able to limit the # of times a file can be
>> download by a public user from a shared link. It also would be nice to
>> be able to have a expiration on a login account as well. and be able
>> to easily just disable the user. Can we also get a way to shutdown
>> access to the weblogin portal only from the outside, and only people
>> on the internal network can get to the login screen. This Way there is
>> less of an attack area. Just a Couple of Thoughts and features that
>> would be cool. -- View this message in context:
>> http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Feature-Enhancement-tp10574.html
>> [1] Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Links:
------
[1] http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Feature-Enhancement-tp10574.html