[Owncloud] Questions about ownCloud: Encryption || Feature Request/Wish

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Wed Aug 28 12:25:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 08:36:11 +0200 Thomas Gries wrote:
> Am 27.08.2013 19:42, schrieb Bjoern Schiessle:
>
> > On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:10:32 +0200 Martin Flamm wrote:
> >> First, we would like to know what about the server based
> >> encryption option. In our ownCloud, the "Encryption" App has no
> >> effect. The files are still uncrypted in the filesystem.
> > If the encryption app is enabled ownCloud will encrypt all your
> > files during the first log-in. So in order to encrypt your files
> > you need to log-out and log-in again after enabling the app.
>
> *"Houston, we have a problem": either your statement is incorrect or
> the Manual**:
> (see _bold underlined_ enhancements)
> *

Actually both are correct ;-)
With "all your files" I meant all files in your files-folder, so
basically all files the files app expose to you. The meta-data listed
in the documents will not be encrypted. Deleted files and versions
created after the encryption app was enabled are encrypted. ownCloud6
will also encrypt the versions initially.

best,
Björn

--
Björn Schießle <schiessle at owncloud.com>