[Owncloud] New name for "Discuss possible bugs & feature requests"

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Aug 21 10:07:24 UTC 2013

On 19/08/13 16:12, Georg Ehrke wrote:
> People like RandolphCarter and Rancor keep asking the users to
> report bugs on GitHub, but only a few will do so.

Have you tried asking users why?

> My suggestion would be to rename the forum to something like: -
> Discuss possible Issues before reporting on GitHub or - Resolve
> your question before reporting a bug on GitHub
>
> What do you think about this?

I think it's a bit sad to overturn past agreements.  People without
GitHub accounts (for reasons including its terms of use) were assured
that we could ask people on the much-easier-to-use forum to report
bugs for us:
http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4537&p=10981#p10981
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2012-October/006104.html

Putting fingers in ears and singing "la-la-la we don't hear about the
bug if it's not on github" may reduce the theoretical bug count, but
doesn't actually squash any bugs.  It would be nice if github's bug
tracker communicated with the rest of the world better.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op