[Owncloud] versioning by renaming?

Stefan Vollmar vollmar at nf.mpg.de
Tue Aug 20 15:51:22 UTC 2013

Hello,

one of the reasons we want to give OwnCloud a try is the versioning feature. My understanding was that versions of a file would be available through a context menu. However, we observe that when dropping files onto the web interface a "(<number>)" part is inserted into the file name, effectively creating one entry for each version of the file, "versions" from the context menu yields for all entries "No other versions available". Obviously, this is not the behaviour we expect - is this a known problem?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.
Best regards,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.