[Owncloud] own cloud client lags behind on MacOSX (last sync log time ago)

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Tue Aug 20 08:40:52 UTC 2013

Hello,

This is an issue that I have had several times over past weeks: on MacOSX laptop the client (1.3.0) gets stuck after some time - last sync time is reported to be more than 24 hours ago. My laptop gets to sleep quite often (closed lid) and changes wifi networks at least twice a day. I would assume this it the primary reason and the process is sync interrupted and the client eventually confused.

As a side effect the client does not really quit - the tray icon disappears but the process is hanging around consuming now 100% CPU:

>pgrep -lf owncloud

94440 /Applications/owncloud.app/Contents/MacOS/owncloud -psn_0_96922729

I have restarted the client to get the logfiles which I will be reporting later.

In the meantime I would like to know if anyone has similar issues or maybe the problem is solved already in 1.4.0 ?

kuba