[Owncloud] disappointed users

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Fri Aug 16 09:49:34 UTC 2013

On 08/16/2013 11:41 AM, Kari Koskinen wrote:
>>> So I don't see the point why people shouldn't report bugs there?
>> The point was posted by Thomas above. Additional its not easy
>> to track bugs in a forums. The github bugtracker is perfect for
>> this kind of bugtracking and reporting.
> Hmm, it seems to require user to create an account. Not everyone wants
> to create one more account for just a few bugs.
Reporting bugs requires commitment: developers will get back at you to
ask questions, because often the reported issues cannot be resolved. So
it's not about "just reporting a few bugs". Given that, I think the two
minutes that it takes to create an account pale in comparison of writing
the actual report and answering to follow ups. Note that whatever other
system we use (including the forums!) we require a login, since we would
otherwise drown in spam.

Cheers,
   Daniel