[Owncloud] disappointed users

Matthias suleimann at gmx.at
Thu Aug 15 07:38:34 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I think there are a lot of disappointed owncloud users in the user forum
and all over the web. The point is, everyone is fascinated of this
software... until he loses data for the first time (like I did). I know
it is hard to build a complex software like this and it will take time
until it is stable. But it is not stable now and people are syncing Gigs
of Data and wonder why files disappear.

I wish that:
People get warned that it is still beta. This is honest and people will
understand.
To concentrate work on the main features like file sync, versioning,
calendar, contacts. It is not a good idea to develop apps if these
things do not work accurate.

I also try to help cleaning the code cause I also would like to see
owncloud being absolutely stable and people happy using it.

My two cents.. ;)

Kindly
Matthias