[Owncloud] AppFramework?

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Tue Aug 6 09:11:35 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, dem 06.08.2013 um 10:55 schrieb Thomas Tanghus:
> I see hints about "AppFramework in it current state will change", "recent
> discussions about AppFramework" etc.
>
> Can someone please elaborate more on this?

At our developer meeting in Berlin next week we will have a close look and see which parts
of the appframework will be integrated into core - php only.

Anything which is left over has to be integrated into the individual apps - e.g. within an AppTemplate
or within the scaffolding tool - we will see.

The main reason behind this is that dependencies between apps will only result in pure nightmare.
Any app interaction must go through the public core api.

The appframework - especially the PHP components - has many great features we/I want in core.

Stuff like angularjs will - for now - stay out of core. Current developments in the area of the new user management
will show if angular is the way to go for us.
But even if we choose angular one day to be an ownCloud core component - or not - app developers should still
have the freedom to choose their js libraries.

I hope this explains the current discussions detailed enough - Frank anything else to add?

I guess we will return from Berlin with a final decision and a decent path to walk to all of us.

Take care,

Tom