[Owncloud] Create a new contact in shared contacts

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Mon Aug 5 11:17:29 UTC 2013

On Sunday 04 August 2013 21:56 blpp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've asked this question in the forum already
> (http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=4
> <http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13950> &t=13950) but am
> missing some answer from people more invoveled in development to understand
> the way of organizing the contacts in the correct way :-)
>
> I have a "family" user, which shares his contacts to all familiy members
> with full rights. Now I log on as a family member. I want to create a new
> contact inside the shared contacts, so that all other family members are
> able to use the new contact.
>
> I go to "new contact" and choose the "family" shared contacts as target for
> the new contact.
>
> 1.) Why aren't all the "family" categories available? I can only see the
> family member categories?

The categories only exists for the owner of the address book, in this example
the user 'family'. For technical reasons only the contacts you own can be
categorized.

> 2.) If I enter all the desired information and click close, the contact
> exists twice. Once in the "family" shared contacts and once in the family
> member contacts. In my opinion it should only exist in the "family" shared
> contacts, as this is the target I've choosen.

If you've chosen to save it in the shared address book, then it should only be
stored there. But it will also show up if you select the "All" pseudo group,
as that includes but your own and any shared contacts. Hence the name "All" :)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus