[Owncloud] Folders with active directory mapping

Drew Gibson aggibson at cogeco.ca
Wed Apr 24 20:11:01 UTC 2013

Hi Ironhedge,

we use Microsoft Active Directory for user authentication and we see the
separation of OwnCloud's storage from the home folders as a huge plus!

There are three major benefits to this for us:

     1. The files sync'd to OC act as a low maintenance, user accessible
backup as well as a means of sharing.
          (This was one of our primary reasons for implementing OC)
     2. Only files that are needed are sync'd, hopefully not all the
cruft that gets dumped in Windows home dirs.
     3. Lower interdependence between systems = higher reliability.

Of course, it does increase the mount of storage required but we need
backups anyway.

regards,

Drew