[Owncloud] [Unofficial Announcement] News app hits beta milestone

Bernhard Posselt nukeawhale at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:51:56 UTC 2013

This will be announced publicly on Alessandro's blog tomorrow:
http://algorithmsforthekitchen.com/blog/

Today we hit the beta milestone for the news app: which means: we got
all the features we want implemented and are now only shipping bugfixing
and really important missing features (should there be any). I think we
can release the stable in one 1-2 weeks, depending on the feedback and
bug count.

The news app still has to be packaged and released on apps.owncloud.com,
ill do that tomorrow. In the meanwhile please check out the master
branch of the News app and App Framework and test if there are grave
bugs left (as in: regressions) so I can release the package tomorrow
without any obvious problems.