[Owncloud] 5.0.4 duplicated folders ?

田邊 英樹 nabecyan at me.com
Wed Apr 17 13:59:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I upgraded from 4.5.7 to 5.0.4 on MacOSX 10.8.3 with OSX Server.
Through 4.5.0 to 4.5.7 , every version works fine with some clients Windows7, MacOSX.
But at 5.0.4 some folders are created as duplicated name.

For example, in one client PC (Windows7) I put folders folder named "Parent" with child folders and files as follows.
I use Japanese 2byte Kanji character for the name of folders and files.
* Windows7 PC
  Parent
   - child1
    + file1
    + file2
    + file3
   - child2
    + file4
    + file5
   - ...

After ownCloud client (Ver.1.2.4) sends files to ownCloud server (OSX Server), files in the server are generated as follows.
* ownCloud server (OSX 10.8.3 server)
  Parent
   - child1
    + file1
   - child1
    + file2
    + file3
   - child2
    + file4
    + file5
   - ...

In this case folder "child1" was duplicated and files are placed as separated into each "child1" folder.
I don't know the order of this separation.

After some trial, newly install 5.0.4 and replace files from the backup in Windows7 PC , rename the duplicated folder, etc.
But this issue was not solved.
Now I bring back my server to ownCloud 4.5.9 , everything goes fine again.

Is this issue due to 2byte character handling or 5.0.4 codes itself ?

Regards,
Hideki