[Owncloud] quality control / user forums

Erwin Rennert rennert at zsi.at
Tue Apr 16 13:01:38 UTC 2013

Dear all,

am I right in assuming that only few on this list follow the postings in
the user forums?

This is to bring to your attention that people are getting restless and
wonder why OC5 has been branded a "stable" release when it obviously has
a lot of issues and seems rather, well, unfinished.

A lot of folks on the forums are rather inexperienced as admins who will
blame any networking problem on OC. Much of the critisism appears quite
unfair and exaggerated, however the fact remains that OC5 was released
too early.

There are on the forums a number of OC advocates who do their best to
support the hordes of greenhorn admins (to an extent that I wonder if
they are doing anything else all day long). Some of them are crumbling
under the pressure and sometimes post things that are perceived as hostile.

These are problems that should be adressed.
I don't claim to have the right answers (haven't been around that long,
meself). I also do not know where to direct this issue; so if this is
completely off-topic I apologize.

- Erwin