[Owncloud] How is csync used in owncloud

Craig Sawyer csawyer at yumaed.org
Thu Apr 11 15:19:07 UTC 2013

Hi Ibrahim,

I'm not an owncloud expert.  But I feel confident in my ability to answer
this question, because  I wrote a CLI version of the owncloud client, using
csync libraries.

csync is basically used as a library that the desktop client (and my CLI
client) use to handle the synchronization.

As for how to use csync in a Qt App, it depends, because the csync that
owncloud(and I use) is not the same one that is on the csync website, at
this point it's probably more like a fork, but my understanding is, that
the csync people and the owncloud people are trying to merge their
respective codebases together, so that it isn't as diverged.  So if you
need the owncloud specific bits, make sure you use the owncloud csync
codebase.

Back to your original question, I would suggest you look at the owncloud
Mirall source, it shows exactly how they call the csync libraries (and from
Qt even!).  It's what I used as my reference when I wrote the CLI version
(which is in python).

Hope this helps, and good luck on your project!

-Craig